Category Manager - IT/Technology
Are you passionate about change, creating & delivering best practice category management? If you have proven IT/Technology procurement expertise & the resilience & skills to challenge, inspire & lead transition from “old to new” then this role is for you.
Our client touches the lives of everyone in the UK in some shape or form, delivering services which provide help and support to people.
As a key part the organisation, the Commercial Directorate shapes how services are delivered across 100’s of 3rd party contractual arrangements; with an annual procurement spend in the region of £3bn with some of the largest industry suppliers. The Commercial Directorate is currently undergoing a massive transformation exercise to develop into a world class Commercial function, this has created the need for a number of senior leaders with “best practice” experience of other industries, to drive change at the Category Management level and help them meet strategic goals.
These leadership positions are based within the Commercial directorate in London and support the Technology category. The Technology Category is responsible for all areas of IT & Telecoms within the government department, including IT Infrastructure (Hosting, Networks, Desktop, Service Management and Security) IT Applications and Software. Technology has historically used a small number of large, long term “legacy” IT outsource contracts (annual contract spend circa £800m pa). Large-scale contracts with key suppliers are being renegotiated and disaggregated, presenting the organisation with a unique opportunity to positively change how software, hardware, services and resources are procured across a large, complex organisation. You will have accountability for delivering these changes, and discretion over the allocation of resources in delivering solutions that address category, Commercial and broader organisational objectives.
You will have:
- Substantial Commercial/Procurement management experience gained within Technology (hardware, software or Cloud)), or a similarly complex function within a matrix organisation
- Proven track record of managing the development, review, negotiation and execution of large, complex contracts, and oversaw all commercial aspects of supplier performance
- Influence in leading key stakeholders towards Commercial solutions that give a balance of optimal commercial performance whilst delivering on business strategy
- Knowledge of the Commercial lifecycle and awareness of relevant compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. EU procurement Directive)
- Previous central involvement in the design and delivery of a category strategy
- High level management of key suppliers, able to step in and support direct reports when issues are escalated or key decisions with strategic consequences are to be made
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or relevant work experience
- CIPS or similar recognised qualification
- Membership of relevant professional or industry groups
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Category Manager - IT/Technology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time £50,000 - £59,999 Public Sector Buyer jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time £50,000 - £59,999 Public Sector Category Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time £50,000 - £59,999 Public Sector Procurement jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time £50,000 - £59,999 Public Sector Purchasing jobs in London (Greater)