Category & NPD Dept Manager - Flowerworld, Derby
We have a great opportunity for a Category & NPD (New Product Development) Department Manager to join our manufacturing site, Flowerworld in Derby.
Reporting to the Flower Manager- who manages the journey of flowers from grower to customer- you’ll work cross functionally with 3rd Party Customers, Central Trading, Flower Manager and Flower Design Teams including Technical, Wholesale and Online.
You will be responsible for managing the New Product Development process and team, ensuring the Existing Product Development (EPD) & New Product Development (NPD) end to end processes are completed, on time and in full. You will be responsible for analysing horticulture category data to define areas of opportunity for Morrisons, existing and new third party (wholesale) customers.
This vacancy is offered as a permanent opportunity and we’re looking for someone who is ambitious, customer focused and passionate about flowers!
FlowerWorld is unique to Morrisons manufacturing as it is our only non-food producing site.
With over 300 florists, each and every bouquet is treated with care and consideration before it leaves site ensuring the best possible quality to our customers. Not only that but we also use specialised techniques to first check how our flowers are going to develop through their life and then to keep them at their very best.
Here we make over 400,000 bouquets per week using both hand tying methods and machinery; during peak periods such as Valentines and Mothers Day this increases significantly.
- Supporting the Morrisons’ business and developing wholesale and online & Flowerworld business
- Initiate the development of new product ranges by analysing and sharing category, industry &, market data whilst looking at trends to gain knowledge of the flower business.
- Working with the design team by using industry and category data and information to help conceptualise new products
- Work closely with the Wholesale and Online Specialist and Site Operations teams to deliver viable long-term product supply to Morrisons customers.
- Develop and launch great products that meet margin expectations.
- Work with Finance Team and Trading Team to ensure all products / ranges developed are profitable and sustainable.
- Ensure all pricing and samples presented to customers are correctly priced and prepared in a timely manner dictated by the NPD process.
- Work in collaboration with technical experts within the business safeguarding the quality of proposed ranges for all of Morrisons customers.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 5
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure Flowerworld products are the best in class.
Knowledge and experience:
- Exceptional knowledge of category management and the associated industry data analysis.
- Managing a product development process with defines timelines / deadlines.
- An end-2-end knowledge of the flower industry would be an advantage.
- Ability to build strong, long lasting customer & colleague relationships.
- Team management & development skills.
- The ability to lead a team to develop industry leading ranges or products from a project brief.
- Enthusiasm and drive to deliver results.
- Commitment to teamwork, inspiring stakeholders and influencing others.