Supply Chain Manager
Eaton's Life Safety division has an opening for:
Supply Chain Manager location: Aldridge, UK
Eaton in Aldridge is the world leading manufacturer of electrical thread conversion equipment for use in potentially explosive hazardous areas. The plant has currently 50 employees.
More information: www.raxton.co.uk.
Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing Eaton Aldridge’s planning and material control process. The role encompasses the management of the total inbound supply to on shelf product availability function. Forecasting, vendor management, scheduling, inventory control and factory planning are the key areas of responsibility and development in line with the Supply Chain strategy. This role reports directly to Plant Manager of the site and has a team of 17 direct reports.
- Manage the MRP module of the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials to meet the production plan & customer orders, ensure data integrity and MRP message adherence
- Coordinate the achievement and maintenance of the specified inventory and targets through the use of appropriate inventory optimization tools, whilst ensuring service levels to customers are met and not compromised
- Co-ordinate S&OP Supply management activities and manage the monthly business planning process of S&OP
- Provide training, motivation and support to all of the team
- Provide full visibility of supply and delivery activity. This involves financial forecasting and advising production constraints through material availability
- Prepare and communicate information regarding short term material availability, capacity and constraint positions for the weekly PSI (Production, Sales and Inventory) call/review meeting
- Co-ordinate the push/pull communication strategy undertaken by the team, with other departments to achieve the effective and timely procurement of materials and planning of production, in line with the expectation of the customer base and the stocking requirements of the business
- Analyse and maintain material classification and master data parameters both raw and finished goods, and where appropriate calculates and implements correct settings to ensure targets are met, including safety stock levels, lead-time etc achieving item master accuracy
- Establish and provide communication channels with the Sales and Customer Service team to understand stock requirements and expectations of key customer groups in order to achieve customer OTD (On Time Delivery) requirements through the appropriate levels of stock and raw materials
- Delegates actions from the daily TIER meeting, ensuring effective execution by members of the team for timely resolution to customer delivery concerns
- Effectively communicates and liaises with division functional team on performance management and action plans
- Support supplier OTD and lead time improvement activities to achieve a lean and agile supply chain
- Participate in de-risk activities for the supply chain through effective use of materials management techniques and ensure early involvement in NPD and NPI processes
- Apics / Degree level educated
- Experience within a manufacturing/ FMCG planning environment
- Experience of the total business process utilising formal Resource Planning techniques and supply chain management.
- Experience of inventory control and measures
- Extensive experience of a MTS/MTO manufacturing operation
- Excellent SAP experience
- Data analytical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- People management capabilities
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
About Eaton: Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Cooper Life Safety is a global leader in solutions and technologies designed to save lives and protect property. They are found in the most demanding industrial, residential and commercial environments and offer fire and security detection, traditional and LED illumination, emergency notification, safe electrical installation and escape route communication.
For more information, visit www.cooper-safety.com.
Please note by applying for this vacancy you will be a subject of background check process.