Senior Buyer - Food & Beverage
Senior Buyer - Food & Beverage
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
This is a key purchasing role within the Food & Beverage department at Carnival UK’s Head office in Southampton. Working within the Supply Chain Team, you will spearhead the purchasing of our food and beverage recruitments for our global fleet.
Key to the success of this Senior Buyer role will be your ability to develop, implement and lead category sourcing strategy for food and beverages, managing the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within their category. As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (requisition / specification) through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain, logistics and ship staff.
Further responsibilities as Senior Buyer include:
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to CUK
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, CUK reputation and access to market innovation
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations management
Your previous substantial purchasing experience will be that you have great mentoring skills - you'll be someone who is expected to set the gold standard in purchasing. You'll be able to coach and mentor others around you, demonstrating how the greatest value can be gained from our suppliers.
Critically, you'll have a high level of knowledge in best practice procurement within food categories. Your knowledge of this category will be the key to your success.
- Be experienced in category management and development of sourcing strategies
- Have excellent negotiating skills drawing up and dealing with contracts of varying values and complexities, and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Be commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies, opportunities to gain added value from suppliers and logistics partners
Naturally, you will be a first class communicator and influencer, with a focus on process, with the ability to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey as Senior Buyer, APPLY now.
Closing Date for the Senior Buyer: 03/02/2017
More jobs like this
- Full Time £40,000 - £49,999 Utilities Buyer jobs in Hampshire
- Full Time £40,000 - £49,999 Utilities Category Manager jobs in Hampshire
- Full Time £40,000 - £49,999 Utilities Logistics jobs in Hampshire
- Full Time £40,000 - £49,999 Utilities Procurement jobs in Hampshire
- Full Time £40,000 - £49,999 Utilities Purchasing jobs in Hampshire