Category Manager - ICT
An exciting new role has been created in Birmingham City Council for an ICT Category Manager.
You will be responsible for managing the commercial and contractual relationship with Service Birmingham, the Council’s strategic partner for ICT services to ensure value for money. This covers a broad portfolio of ICT sub-categories including Hardware, software, Infrastructure and IT partnering arrangements.
You will have a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior level within procurement. Proven knowledge of managing a complex, outsourced strategic partnership, developing ICT sourcing strategies and the experience of managing strategic, complex IT projects is essential.
You will be an excellent communicator, have outstanding negotiation and relationship management skills and have a demonstrable record of achievement in the ICT category.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to the following;
- Develop and implement the commissioning and procurement theme of the Council’s ICT & Digital Strategy
- Develop a structured category plan to deliver significant efficiency and cost savings across the ICT category, including invest to save initiatives.
- Management of strategic, complex ICT procurement projects in collaboration with stakeholders within the organisation
- Procurement of ICT services out of scope of the Service Birmingham contract.
- Development of innovative supply chain solutions to the organisation that demonstrate efficiency, value for money and delivery of Council priorities.
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external, at all levels within organisations
- Work closely with the business in developing this strategy and will ensure that any proposed plan has business buy in at all levels.
- Produce innovative and class leading solutions to the spend category.
- Strategically source the spend in the most cost effective way and demonstrate real value add from the Procurement function in support of the overall business requirements
The successful candidate will ideally be MCIPS and ITIL qualified and be educated to degree level.
The successful candidate will have experience of a service integration and management framework (SIAM) and Enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and PEAF
The successful candidate will have experience of a commercial negotiations (outsource / in source models) with major ICT suppliers.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Debbie Husler, Head of Procurement on 07827 367136.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date is NOON on FRIDAY 3rd FEBRUARY 2017
Interviews/Assessment will take place on THURSDAY 9th FEBRUARY 2017