Job Reference: PP/1267
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 15/08/2012
||£30,000 plus car, bonus & excellent benefits
Buyer (Parts & Services)
Salary: £30,000 plus car, bonus & excellent benefits
Main Job Purpose:
Our global client currently has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Buyer to join their team in Wiltshire to work with Engineering & Maintenance to ensure maximum value for money is obtained in the purchase of support services and materials based on cost & performance.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the commercial selection and negotiation of suppliers for the purchase of all parts, lubricants, special tools, test & diagnostic equipment and general workshop equipment used in the maintenance of vehicle fleet.
You will be required to continuously review and challenge the use of suppliers using both commercial and performance metrics to consolidate and minimize the supplier list, developing & managing the relationship with performance monitoring for the key parts and service suppliers. You will also analyse parts & service spend data to recommend improvements in pricing or supply.
- Minimum 5 years experience in procurement / buyer role in a multi-site, commercial organisation
- Experience in stock control or stock management systems in the automotive, service or manufacturing sectors
- Good level of computer literacy - spreadsheets
- Full or Student Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- General education - A level standard
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial vehicle technical knowledge (preferred but not essential)