Job Reference: Demand_SCO
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 09/08/2012
||Corwen LL21 9RR
We require a demand planner who learns quickly and is able to "think outside the box." Be analytical by nature, a detail-oriented person who can also keep the big picture in mind.
The successful candidate must possess a wide range of skills and be able to gain a thorough understanding of the business to enable planning. Must be able to interact with customers, other staff, sales, marketing and supply chain colleagues, and will need the people skills to speak to each group in terms that make sense to them. In addition, they need a number of very specific skills pertaining to demand planning, production planning and monitoring.
The role will require the coordination of raw material orders, production schedules and staffing needs. They will be required to contact suppliers to call-off materials, to monitor inventories of raw materials, packaging materials and the finished products. By working with the supervisory staff the schedule will establish the order and the quantity of each SKU to be manufactured will be determined by the current and expected customer orders, with a link to the forecasted sales.
The candidate will be required to plan & schedule day to day production in the form of a weekly plan and at all times they need to be aware of how marketing activities, such as promotions will affect demand. Also to be aware of what new products are being introduced and when, and be able to produce product-level forecasts based on analysis.
Will be required to monitor actual demand verses the forecast and make changes to the plan when needed, thus ensuring we stay within sensible and affordable inventory levels whilst still meeting sales and service objectives.
Demand Planner Job Description
1. Prepare production schedules for the manufacturing of each SKU.
2. Make sure the manufacturing of all products meets the completion dates according to either the customer orders or the sales forecasts.
3. Analyse production demand verses plant capacity and determine manufacturing process constraints and staffing requirements.
4. Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
5. Prepare production reports.
6. Monitor, analyse and report performance to schedule of production activities.
7. Analyse requests for maintenance/repair services and schedule them ensuring there is the minimum of disruption to production.
8. Prepare work instructions, works orders and provide other relevant information, such as barcodes and material to satisfy regulations, etc.
9. Coordinate and expedite the placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials and manage ingredient and packaging call offs against forward contracts to optimise storage space on site.
10. Schedule, expedite, & coordinate the despatching and movement of finished products to customer designated warehouses.
11. Monitor and report service levels for all major retail customers, coordinate the resolution of discrepancy reports, customer service requests, etc.
12. Establish and monitor minimum and maximum stock levels by stock code and ensure that at all times, finished goods stocks, ingredients, raw materials and consumables stocks are maintained at appropriate levels to allow efficient production, without creating overstocks or tying up unnecessary funds in stocks.
14. Ensure that the production plan can be delivered each week and will not fail due to lack of appropriate raw materials.
15. Ensure that all stocks are physically accurate both on site and with both third party warehouses and consignment suppliers.
Qualifications / Skills Required
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an MRP environment, preferably within the food sector.
2. Excellent IT skills, including good knowledge of Web, Excel and Word as well as computerised bill of materials, purchase ordering and stock control.
3. Be a self-starter, with strong analytical skills & a proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
4. Be keen to take on responsibility in an organisation that provides a high level of autonomy & individual responsibility.
5. Be a genuine team player with exceptional & friendly interpersonal skills.
6. Have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
7. Possess efficient and accurate organization and management skills capable of handling a wide range of information.
8. Be able to work independently, be proactive and learn quickly.