Buyer / Senior Buyer (Materials & Subcontracts)
Job Reference: AR-1133
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 07/08/2012
||£30k-£45k + Car, Car Allowance, Healthcare, Pension
Our client is looking to recruit a BUYER or SENIOR BUYER to assist with the negotiation of materials and subcontract packages across a variety of civil engineering projects.
You will have full cradle to grave procurement responsibility for your projects, this will involve managing the RFI through to the award on all key subcontract packages, together with post contract supplier performance management.
Our client is a top 10 construction contractor, they have recently undertaken a strategic review of procurement and also won a number of high profile projects which has created this opportunity; they employ over 8,000 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion.
Most suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong materials or subcontract negotiation skills from either construction or civil engineering
- Experience of working for a main contractor in a project environment
- Ability to negotiate multiple projects / contracts and deliver on time, under budget
- MCIPS or degree would be beneficial
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a procurement strategy across a portfolio of projects
- Cradle to grave materials and subcontract procurement responsibility
- Monitor and improve supplier performance
- Understand and deliver the needs of key stakeholders
- Assist in the pricing and management of relevant bids / tenders
- Secure savings, rebates and compliance in line with company targets
For further vacancy information or to apply directly please contact Adam Richardson on 0113 302 3030, or email: email@example.com
AR Procurement is a specialist procurement and supply chain recruitment consultancy, to receive our latest vacancies by email please visit: arprocurement.com/sign-up