Job Reference: Category Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 20/07/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich or Liverpool
||£28,000 - £37,000 plus excellent benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole and specifically to deliver centralised procurement for Central Government Departments.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government whilst honing your commercial skills.
• Develop supplier plans, conduct supplier reviews and introduce relevant KPI’s and implement supplier improvement plans as required
• Identify key stakeholders at Department level and establish communication plan, including stakeholder forums for key areas of spend
• Manage Contracts and maximise benefit of contracts in line with Government Procurement best practice
• Strong experience of procurement and category management combined with deep analytical and commercial skills that have delivered demonstrable savings in a complex environment.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills, including an ability to engage and influence in complex customer and supplier environments; able to relate business strategy into deliverable solutions and operational delivery outputs
• Accomplished inter-personal and influencing skills with a delivery focused approach combined with a strong drive and determination to achieve results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills