Job Reference: 00B43
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 20/07/2012
Working as part of a wider procurement team the Commodity Manager is responsible for defining and implementing Commodity strategies within their nominated area to deliver cost benefit to the business and ensure development and selection of strategic suppliers to meet business requirements and objectives. The Commodity Manager will also work with the wider supply chain community to delivery cost savings to the business.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
• Manages £15M of Commodity spend
• Develop Commodity Strategy that is published and signed off by stakeholders
• Strategically select the suppliers capable of meeting commodity and business strategy Manages the source selection process for resourcing and new programme requirements
• Supplier stratification and rationalisation
• Manage the Request For Quotation and analysis process for all resourcing or new programme requirements
• Negotiates and implements long term supply agreements with all key suppliers within the commodity
• Manages relationships with key suppliers through monthly review of supplier scorecards and monthly and quarterly business reviews with published Minutes and Actions
• Understands key supplier capability and undertakes capacity and business reviews on all key and new suppliers pre any business award and through production volume ramp up
• Manages the development of suppliers through the generation of robust tactical implementation plans and the monthly review of balanced score card data.
• Manages large contracts through regular contract reviews with suppliers
• Manage the implementation of commodity strategies through close working relationships with the individual business functions.
• Acts as mentor to buying teams to aid issue resolution of any key supplier issues impacting plant.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Excellent Supplier Relationship Management and negotiation skills
• Good team working skills
• Data literate
• Good interpersonal skills and able to manage commercial relationship
• Must be able to demonstrate commercial benefit
• Academic studies to HNC/ HND level, typically following professional qualification, or experience to equivalent depth, and or breadth.
What’s on offer:
On offer is a competitive base salary along with comprehensive benefits and bonus scheme and the opportunity for career development.
For more information please call Chris Riche-Webber on 01202 857884 or click on the link below