Job Reference: 00AM2
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 20/07/2012
Innovators with Insight
Responsible for implementing supply chains for new programmes and working with the appropriate businesses functions to achieve a robust transfer from product development into volume production.
Accountable for maintaining programme objectives principally, Cost, Quality, Schedule and contractual commitments.
In addition, Subcontract Specialists will provide support to the Lead Subcontract Programme Manager and Commodity Managers to implement best practice sourcing decisions for their programmes.
This role is the interface between the value stream and procurement for pre production needs
• Accountable for LCM (lifecycle management) gates 1 – 4
• Strategic selection of suppliers to meet new programme requirements from both existing and new suppliers in line with commodity strategies and technology road map
• Source products for new programmes in line with or better than programme budgets. If budget at risk lead cross functional cost reduction initiatives to support cost targets.
• Support commodity managers with contract negotiation for new programme requirement for prototype, pre production and the production requirements.
• Perform contract & milestone reviews with suppliers
• Manage the implementation of programme sourcing requirements through close working relationships with the Lead Subcontract Programme Manager and individual business functions.
• Provide the interface between the programme IPT’s and Procurement
• Manage the RFQ and subsequent PO process for all new programme needs until part is in serial production.
• Lead & manage supplier led design change proposals
• Manage the PIP/PIM gate tasks
• Coordinate supplier involvement in the IPT’s to reduce costs.
• Manage/update the Supply chain cost tracking tool
• Manage programme risk & capacity analysis to ensure programme milestones can be met
• Develops, with support of program and value stream major subcontract specialists the required Statements Of Work (SOW) and Performance Based Specifications (PBS) on which the award will be based.
• Manages critical paths with the prime program (proposal stage, pending win, win, development, test, transition to production) including supplier dependencies and new program awards
Qualifications and experience
• Degree qualification / CIPS graduate diploma
• Previous Subcontract Programme Management desirable.
• Supplier Relationship management
• Strong negotiator
• Good interpersonal skills and able to manage commercial relationship
• Must be able to demonstrate commercial benefit
What’s on offer
On offer is a competitive base salary along with a comprehensive benefits scheme and bonus.
For more information please call Chris Riche-Webber on 01202 857884 or click on the link below