Job Reference: 00AM1
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 20/07/2012
Innovators with Insight
As a buyer you will be working in our high technology facility in Wimborne, the role will require drive and determination along with the ability to implement positive change. We will assist with recognised training and development and offer career potential for the right individual. You will be working on world leading products and be responsible for the buying activity for specific commodities, for on time delivery and Material Price Variance associated with inbound supply of goods/services. You will have direct purchasing experience
The Buyer will provide support to the Commodity Managers to develop and promote suppliers and implement best practice strategic sourcing principles across commodities. The role will require some level of business travel
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
As a buyer your key responsibilities will include
• Action Avante buyer work bench in required timescales to ensure goods & services are purchased in a timely manner
• Administer purchase order acknowledgements
• Expedite orders and manage resolution of supply problems to achieve 100% OTIF delivery performance.
• Manage supplier lead times
• Monitor costs against standard when raising PO’s to ensure zero adverse MPV
• Develop relationships with key suppliers
• Maintain ‘Type 4’ purchasing schedules
• Maintain logistic supply solutions. E.g. DLF, kitting, Kanban
• Ensure that Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to and manage QA issues in the supply chain
• Ensure that relevant technical definition and control process are passed to, and adhered to by the suppliers.
• Manage the return, rectification and replacement of non-conforming goods.
• Ensure export control regulations are adhered to
• Work with Commodity Managers to reduce costs and number of suppliers.
• Work with Programme sourcing Managers to integrate new product supply chains
As a buyer your key skills and qualifications will include
• Purchasing skills
• Supplier Relationship management
• Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
• CIPS qualified or a desire to complete this training
What we expect from you
You will be a team player with excellent communications skills. You will need to drive and influence colleagues and customers to achieve the best results. Initiative, drive and problem solving are a key characteristic needed for this role
For more information please call Chris Riche-Webber on 01202 857884 or click on the link below