Capital and Services Buyer
Job Reference: OLR4459
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 19/07/2012
||c.£33,995 - £39,464 + Excellent Package
· Own the full procurement process across two sites ensuring appropriate stakeholder involvement and effective communication throughout.
· As the Capital and Services Buyer be responsible for the purchase of equipment and services, securing price, capacity and service levels in line with the commitments of the business.
· Demonstrate and develop your skills in a complex and challenging environment.
Mars make iconic products including Snickers®, Twix®, Pedigree®, Whiskas®, Uncle Bens®, Dolmio® and many more. Whilst constant product development and innovation plays a key role in keeping these brands at the forefront of their marketplace, ensuring ‘best value’ in Indirect spend is critical and our Procurement associates are key to delivering this.
Reporting to the UK Capital & General Services Buying Manager, your Buyer role will be to optimise our capital investment and service buying activities, managing an annual spend in excess of £20m within the Petcare and Food segment. In running the full procurement process you will cover: market analysis; sourcing strategy; tender and implementation follow-up as well as SLA monitoring across often multiple and complex projects against challenging timelines. Ability to establish and maintain relationships is essential as stakeholders include 300+ suppliers and 50+ internal clients.
Other Capital and Services Buyer principal features include:
· recommending and implementing supply base strategy
· risk management of the supply base
· liaison with local budget owners
· participation in internal and external teams and forums.
Highly action-orientated, with a clear customer focus and integrity, you’ll be educated to degree-level in a Commercial, Business or Technology/Process Engineering discipline, with a solid Procurement / purchasing grounding. Your demonstrable track record in a client-orientated role and/or one with supplier contact will complement your experience. Good working skills in Microsoft Office and SAP are essential. Comfortable with UK and some overseas travel, you’ll possess a full, clean driving licence.
We’re totally committed to developing our people and giving them the ownership and freedom to show what they can really do. What are you waiting for?