Strategic Procurement Manager
Job Reference: Strategic Procurement Project Delivery Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 06/07/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich and Liverpool
||£ Excellent + Benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole.
GPS is working to transform how Government improves procurement of commonly used goods and services through the Centralised Procurement Programme. Its mission is to ‘Transform how Government buys common goods and services through centralised category management, standardisation of specification and aggregation of spend to deliver significant sustainable cost reductions from the existing baseline of £13bn, in the region of 25% over four years.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government.
· As a member of the Strategic Procurement Projects Team have responsibility for working with Government departments to deliver complex and strategic procurement projects for a wide range of high profiles commercial initiatives
· Deliver sound procurement leadership from strategy, planning and execution whilst also driving and implementing lean procurement throughout all projects
· Develop excellent senior stakeholder relationships across with colleagues across the government and beyond ensuring commercial objectives are identified and met and that any risks and issues are understood and managed effectively
· Manage approvals for projects including the preparation of high quality business cases for presentation at board level
· Outstanding stakeholder management, engagement and influencing skills in complex customer and supplier environments
· Experience of managing complex projects to from preparation of business case through to delivery
· Excellent commercial skills and a proven ability to identify opportunities
· In depth experience of strategy and planning in procurement or related environments
· Experience of operating in matrix teams with an ability to retain focus and motivation of team members to drive project targets.
To apply please visit www.gpscareers.co.uk