Job Reference: Senior Sourcing Lead (Band 6)
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 06/07/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich or Liverpool
||£ Excellent + Benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole.
GPS is working to transform how Government improves procurement of commonly used goods and services through the Centralised Procurement Programme. Its mission is to ‘Transform how Government buys common goods and services through centralised category management, standardisation of specification and aggregation of spend to deliver significant sustainable cost reductions from the existing baseline of £13bn, in the region of 25% over four years.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government.
• Responsible for leading the Central Sourcing Operations function and ensuring sourcing strategies are in accordance with category management requirements
• Effectively engage with internal Category teams and make full contribution to all matters affecting the commercial operation of GPS
• Developing strong working relationships with both the Cabinet Office and GPS Category Management leads to ensure Procurements deliver the requisite outcomes
• Accountable for the assurance of the procurement process and ensuring adherence to standard process, Government policy and legislation
• Provide support to the Head of Sourcing Operations; Deputising as appropriate and acting as a pro-active member of the senior management team
• Experience of directing and leading the delivery of sourcing strategies and contractual/commercial arrangements within high value complex markets
• Excellent Category Management skills ideally gained from a changing and demanding environment
• Experience of stakeholder management at a senior/executive level, with demonstrable evidence of effective engagement and influencing skills in a complex customer and supplier environment
• Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
To apply please follow the apply link below