IT Procurement Manager (Programme Management Lead)
Job Reference: ICT Performance & Programme Management Lead (Band
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 21/06/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich or Liverpool
||£ Excellent + Benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole and specifically to deliver centralised procurement for Central Government Departments.
GPS has undergone a number of important changes and is at the centre of ICT government procurement activity supporting delivery of the Government ICT Strategy. Current managed ICT spend is in excess of £2Billion per annum and is set to grow significantly over the next few years. Working in the GPS ICT Category Team you can expect to be involved in areas such as Cloud Hosting, Data Centre Consolidation, Systems Integration, Hardware, Software and Telecoms, delivering significant savings and improving supplier performance.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government.
• An integral part of the ICT commercial delivery team you will ensure delivery against the Category’s overall strategic targets.
• Through effective performance management & staff development you will embed rigorous & accurate reporting mechanisms enabling a culture of excellence within the category
• Through experience & innovation you will develop and share best practice across GPS improving service delivery across the category
• A proven leader with an ability to influence and engage at all levels with a track record of delivery in challenging environments.
• Highly developed communication skills with a proven ability to create a culture of high performance and lead through periods of significant change
• An ability to understand the strategic objectives of the business and translate them into operational deliverables whilst ensuring all staff have a full understanding as to the importance of their role and to how it enables and contribute to the strategic objectives.
To apply please follow the apply link below