Job Reference: Category Lead (Band 5)
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 21/06/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich or Liverpool
||£ Excellent + Benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole and specifically to deliver centralised procurement for Central Government Departments.
GPS has undergone a number of important changes and is at the centre of ICT government procurement activity supporting delivery of the Government ICT Strategy. Current managed ICT spend is in excess of £2Billion per annum and is set to grow significantly over the next few years. Working in the GPS ICT Category Team you can expect to be involved in areas such as Cloud Hosting, Data Centre Consolidation, Systems Integration, Hardware, Software and Telecoms, delivering significant savings and improving supplier performance.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government.
• Responsible for the management of ICT sub-categories, focussing on the development, delivery, implementation and ongoing management of the centralised procurement category strategy.
• Deliver specific initiative targets, including spend, efficiency, supplier performance and departmental compliance
• Manage of key departmental relationships to build, implement and deliver specific initiatives
• Develop and implement category strategy (including performance and risk Management)
• Develop and maintain category market intelligence for sustained efficiency delivering and identifying future opportunities
• Maintain relationships and manage performance of suppliers at operational level and provide support to Senior Leads on key supplier relationships
• Manage departmental spend, savings and compliance reporting and resolution.
• Evidence of ICT Category Management experience, including identification and delivery of savings opportunities and deliver high value and complex contracts for the provision of goods and services
• Experience of managing high value and complex contracts to deliver further value through supplier relationship management, tools and techniques such as balanced scorecards, KPI’s, SLA’s continuous improvement and demand management.
• Outstanding stakeholder management, engagement and influencing skills in a complex customer and supplier environment
• Data analysis & reporting skills
• Experience of managing and leading teams driving organisational and category specific targets.
To apply please follow the link below