Job Reference: Category Manager (Band 4)
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 21/06/2012
||#Government Procurement Service
||Norwich or Liverpool
||£ Excellent + Benefits
Government Procurement Service (GPS) is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office. Their overall priority is to provide procurement savings for the UK Public Sector as a whole and specifically to deliver centralised procurement for Central Government Departments.
GPS has undergone a number of important changes and is at the centre of ICT government procurement activity supporting delivery of the Government ICT Strategy. Current managed ICT spend is in excess of £2Billion per annum and is set to grow significantly over the next few years. Working in the GPS ICT Category Team you can expect to be involved in areas such as Cloud Hosting, Data Centre Consolidation, Systems Integration, Hardware, Software and Telecoms, delivering significant savings and improving supplier performance.
This is a challenging and exciting commercial environment where procurement professionals can make a real impact and gain exposure at the highest levels in government.
• Responsible for the management of specific ICT categories with overall responsibility for delivering savings through aggregated spend, optimising licensing agreements and good asset management
• Develop supplier plans, conduct supplier reviews and introduce relevant KPI’s and implement supplier improvement plans as required
• Identify key stakeholders at Department level and establish communication plan, including stakeholder forums for key areas of spend
• Manage Contracts and maximise benefit of contracts in line with Government Procurement best practice
• Strong experience of procurement and category management combined with deep analytical and commercial skills that have delivered demonstrable savings in a complex environment
• IT category knowledge and expertise
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills, including an ability to engage and influence in complex customer and supplier environments; able to relate business strategy into deliverable solutions and operational delivery outputs
• Accomplished inter-personal and influencing skills with a delivery focused approach combined with a strong drive and determination to achieve results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply please click on the apply link below