Job Reference: Procurement Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 20/06/2012
||Trader Media Group
||Newton le Willows
||£40,000 - £45,000
Trader Media Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to strategically manage key purchased products, services and partnerships across the business, with a specific focus on Technology. This role is fantastic opportunity for a proven Senior Buyer / Procurement Manager looking to really make a difference within a market leading organization.
Your role will be to manage and deliver cost reductions across the business and promote cost leadership, as well as managing business procurement issues at all levels, including instigation and delivery of in sourcing / outsourcing initiatives. You will be required to develop key working relationships with internal stakeholders leading to early project involvement, ensuring that TMG maximizes the opportunity for greatest value and efficient procurement.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Deliver budgeted cost savings target across category spend
• Understand / analyse data and interpret trends in order to make sound cost reduction decisions and recommendations
• Manage the day to day commercial issues between the business and supplier and measure performance
• Negotiate and manage suppliers through the tender process
• Drive improved governance through effective implementation of robust processes and procedures.
• Develop and implement category strategies where appropriate
• Construct contracts with legal support (including SLA’s, reporting requirement etc.) that facilitate excellent contract and supplier management to deliver the business requirements
• Support and deputise for the Head of Procurement as appropriate
The successful candidate into the role of Senior Buyer will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and will have a proven background of success in professional procurement, specifically within a Technology environment. Strong stakeholder management skills are essential, along with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels. In addition, the following skills, experience and attributes are also required:
• Strong analytical skills; manipulating data and using pivot tables, spotting trends and patterns
• Excellent negotiator with experience of managing suppliers through tendering
• Good understanding of Technology hardware/software vendors
• Solid supplier escalation skills
• Understands the T&Cs of purchase
• Knowledge of contracts and legal aspects of procurement
• The ability to influence at senior level both internally and externally
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive basic salary for this Senior Buyer role in the region of £40,000 to £45,000, dependent on experience, as well as the opportunity to achieve a 10% bonus. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension and a whole host of other flexible benefits.
About Trader Media
Trader Media Group operates in the UK, Ireland and South Africa. The Group is looking to expand on its winning formula: giving trade customers the opportunity to choose all effective channels to market; building the service and relationship with dealers and manufacturers; and strengthening its portfolio of automotive and specialist classified titles.
Trader Media Group is jointly owned by Guardian Media Group and Apax Partners.
This role will be based in our offices in the Newton le Willows.