Management Consultants – Procurement Transformation
Job Reference: Management Consultants – Procurement Transformatio
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 14/05/2012
||London based plus travel
||Excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
Our Supply Chain unit exists as a distinct capability within Capgemini Consulting delivering exciting and effective solutions to clients across a number of different industries. Within this unit, we have a team dedicated to delivering Procurement Transformation. As a recognised Global player in this field we have been delivering solutions for over 20 years whether they are of a strategic, operational or outsourcing nature. Procurement for us is in high demand across both the Public and Private sectors and we are increasing our team capacity as a result. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre Sourcing and Procurement Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants, responsible for helping to develop the practice through successful project delivery.
To succeed you will need to demonstrate a number of competencies:
• Typically possess a track record of rounded procurement experience and proven success in a consulting environment
• Experience should be demonstrated from across several of the following industrial sectors; automotive, aerospace and defence, hi-tech, consumer products, manufacturing, retail and/or telecommunications
• Experience of delivering procurement solutions should be demonstrated to solve complex business challenges
• Will have strong client or industry delivery experience in at least two of the following areas: strategic sourcing, source to payment technical design and implementation, organisational design and operating models and procurement outsourcing
• Experience of strategic sourcing must include the end to end sourcing process demonstrating the ability to overcome internal and supplier barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing as well as full implementation of commodity strategies
• Experience of purchase to pay must include practical hands on experience of the following: Able to demonstrate implementation lifecycle experience of working with Source to Payment (S2P) technology, strategies and processes, SAP SRM being a preference; understanding technical constraints, limitations and advantages of S2P technology with clients; demonstrating a good understanding of Source to Payment technology in the market
• Experience of working within complicated stakeholder environments and across cross functional teams for major blue chips
• Must have demonstrated good career progression with previous employer(s) and possess a strong intellect
• Relevant academic or professional qualifications
• Self starter with strong capability in procurement consulting
• Ability to integrate into a fast paced environment which will require delivery across multiple sectors to deliver solutions
• Excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats being able to convey clearly and concisely key messages
• Good inter-personal skills with clear ability to work both independently as well as in team environments
• Demonstration of analytical rigour and proven ability to synthesise data and formulate conclusions and recommendations
• Demonstration of tenacity and persistence in their approach to business development and client delivery
• Self assurance and confidence to ‘hit the ground running’ as well as ensuring involvement of other team members
• Exposure to wider supply chain issues and activities through working experience
• Good appreciation of Accounts Payable processes and mechanisms, shared services environments and the integration between Procurement and Finance functions.
• Working knowledge of a second language, though not essential, would be seen as advantageous
• Member status with one or more procurement body such as CIPS
• Demonstration of publications and/or articles produced on procurement topics
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
• Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
• Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
• Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our Clients’ organisations.
• Exposure: the chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
• Innovation: to work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have our London office as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise. In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc all candidates will be required to provide documentary proof, prior to joining the Company that they are entitled to live and work in the UK