Job Reference: CC54172911
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 09/05/2012
||Competitive + bonus + excellent benefits
SUPPORTING BRIGHT IDEAS
As a Sourcing Analyst with RSA, you will develop and deliver business based strategies and sourcing plans to secure superior benefits for the company in terms of cost, quality and service.
By combining a deep understanding of the current and future needs of the business with exceptional insights into the supply market, you will contribute to the development of purchasing strategies and develop annual sourcing plans that will help us continue to give our customers the service they depend on.
This is a superb opportunity to join a dynamic team with drive and enthusiasm. We can offer a competitive salary now, as well as excellent career progression to the right candidate into a senior buying role with full responsibility for specific categories of spend and leading large complex commercial negotiations.
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES WILL I HAVE AS SOURCING ANALYST?
· Negotiating with suppliers for supply contracts
· Assisting in the development of purchasing strategies and sourcing plans that reflect business priorities and supply market dynamics
· Running tender processes and supplier evaluation
· Building strong stakeholder relationships and ensuring that stakeholder’s needs are incorporated in sourcing plans
· Generating exceptional insights into the supply market through deep research and understanding of the category
· Developing detailed category risk plans and ensuring mitigating actions are defined and implemented
· Supporting and assisting Sourcing Specialists or Business Partners in the delivery of complex sourcing negotiations
SO WHAT DO I NEED?
· Procurement/business related degree or equivalent
· Experience of assisting negotiations and handling tender processes
· Experience working in a Procurement department (people with suitable graduate placements would be considered)
· Basic knowledge of contract law and basic contract writing experience
· The ability and confidence to present recommendations to and influence senior management
· Experience of successfully working in cross-functional teams, supported by the ability to conduct supply market research and analysis
· An ability to prioritise and manage workloads and deliver to tight deadlines
RSA is one of the world's leading FTSE 100 general insurers with a proud heritage dating back over 300 years. With net written premiums of GBP 8.1 billion (2011), we provide high quality, innovative insurance products and services in over 130 countries, setting new standards in the industry. We achieved this through our strong track record of delivering award winning customer service and leading edge propositions as well as our underwriting and claims expertise.
We’re recognised as a great company to work for in all of our markets, including being placed 6th in the 2012 Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in our first year of entering. We have ambitious plans for profitable growth and see an investment in our people as an investment in our future. And that's where you come in.
To apply please follow the "apply at our site" link below