Job Reference: Senior Merchandiser
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 02/05/2012
||Competitive Salary, Relocation Package, Bonus, Discount on Neptune Products and fantastic working environment
Owing to rapid business growth Neptune is seeking a Senior Merchandiser, in this exciting new role you will maximise the company’s profitability and drive it forward to meet its ambitious forecasted growth plans. You will ensure that the right products appear in the right place at the appropriate time and in the correct quantities, accurately forecasting trends, planning stock levels and monitoring performance.
Neptune is a manufacturer of beautifully crafted kitchens, interior and garden furniture based in Swindon Wiltshire. Established in 1996, we are a unique and energetic company who have achieved sustained growth over the past decade within a competitive market.
The new team member must have gained experience of a similar challenge within a similar role, ideally gained during several promotions throughout their career within a business that has experienced rapid growth. You will need to be driven and confident in setting-up and delivering new business system.
• Provide strategic proposals for investment to drive growth and maximise profitability, identify new business opportunities, new types of products and EOL stock.
• Analyse sales information, work out sales targets and plan how to increase profits.
• Provide weekly (WSSI), monthly and seasonal reporting on stocks and sales.
• Analyse sales and report on bestsellers, monitor slow sellers and take action as necessary.
• Forecast profits and sales optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas and control stock levels based on forecasts.
• Formulation of SKU (Stock keeping Unit) level sales, margin, commitment and inventory plans.
• Liaise with analyst, stores, suppliers and distributors to identify supply chain opportunities to maximise efficiency and profit.
• Identify production and supply difficulties and deal with any problems or delays as they arise.
The following skills are required:
• Experience of working in a merchandiser role preferably in an organisation that has experienced fast growth with long lead time products.
• Experience in range planning forecasting & managing OTB (Open to by Planning).
• Excellent PC skills.
• Experience in motivating and managing a team.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Retail planning experience.
As well as a competitive salary which is negotiable depending on experience we can offer:
• Relocation package.
• Annual discretionary bonus.
• Generous discount on Neptune products.
• Fantastic working environment in brand new offices.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
The position is based in our Swindon office.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2012.
If you are interested in the opportunity to join our team please email your CV to Kathryn Rotherham at email@example.com Tel: 01793 427 357. Website: Neptune.com. No agencies please.