Strategic Commodity Buyer: Raw Materials
Job Reference: 3634 - 210312-iqr070804
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 27/04/2012
||1st Executive Search & Selection
||32 - 36 K + Corporate Benefits Package
Strategic Commodity Buyer - Raw Materials / Components within a leading Global Fortune 500 Manufacturing & Engineering Services organisation, currently heavily investing in expansion and upskilling of procurement along-side numerous high visibility international projects, requiring increased skilled headcount.
The jobholder will be tasked with operating across a broad portfolio of commodities, encompassing Material & Component Sourcing for the Refurbishment, maintenance and overhaul division of this Global 500 company.
- Sourcing materials & components from a diverse supply base on a total cost of ownership basis
- Monitoring procurement cost performance throughout the Project lifecycle
- Risk management & mitigation
- Managing Procurement Process & Continuous Improvement
- Establishing & managing contractual relationships across the supply base
- Taking ownership of the Supplier Relationship Management methodology & processes
- Supply Contract Management
- Circa 3 years procurement experience, preferably within an international manufacturing or engineering organisation.
- Ideally MCIPS / Part-CIPS qualified with desire and drive to complete
- Commodity experience across a broad array of raw materials and manufacturing or engineering components
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to manage both supplier and internal stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience in implementing cost savings and in improving efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement function.