Purchasing Manager - Indirects / CAPEX
Job Reference: NM86
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 26/04/2012
||to £60k package
Our client, a complex manufacturing business located in East Anglia is recruiting a Indirect Purchasing Manager for its expanding Procurement team.
This is a newly created role, reporting into the European Purchasing Manager and leads and coordinates all purchasing related activities of two manufacturing sites, one in Germany and one in the UK. In addition, but to a lesser extent at other plants when project work has been assigned, to deliver company purchasing objectives.
Key responsibilities fo the role include:
- Delivering the company's purchasing Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives
- Manage the purchases of all indreict spend for European faciilities and CAPEX spend for two manufacturing sites - totalling approximately $60 million
- Act as a European focal to support Global Commodity Teams or lead regionally in the development of robust Commodity Strategies leveraging global requirements.
- Ensure that the Purchasing function operates at the best possible cost with the appropriate level of quality and service
- Represent Purchasing as cross functional teams as required
- Continuously improve costs and terms of purchase in addition to leading, supporting and/or supervising supplier negotiations
- Proactively introduce new services in order to develop a competitive advantage on cost, quality and risk
- Support the deployment of standard purchasing processes.
- Define and deploy a comprehensive Risk Management strategy for supplies relating to 2 manufacturing sites
- Manage supplier relationships to obtain maximum value for the company's future
In terms of controlling, organising and planning, the Purchasing manager will be involved with defining and implementing of KPI’s to track performance and ensure follow-up of action plans takes place. Regular reporting of performance/progress to management and internal stakeholders will be essential as is management of overall supplier performance in production.
Responsibility of performance during sourcing phases: management of new suppliers, achievement of cost objectives, attainment of quality expectations and respect of deadlines. In additio to direct responsibility of supervision of the supplier a
Continuously driving change in terms of resource, process and mindset will be a key challenge of this postiion as will the requirement to continuously improve the effectiveness and business impact of the purchasing function
- Educated degree level in science, engineering, economics, or business
- 3-5 years Indirects / CAPEX Purchasing experience
- Proven track record of successful experience in a similar challenging manufacturing environment
- Technical background is a benefit
- Result-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to demonstrate leadership and be self-motivated and dynamic
The client is offering a very competitive salary + bonus in addition to an excellent pension scheme and other benefits.
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Supply Chain opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.