Supply Chain Logistics Manager
Job Reference: 74428
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 25/04/2012
||Brentford, Southeast England
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Supply Chain Logistics Manager to work at their site in Brentford.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
• Financial awareness & in-depth knowledge of cost drivers within the Logistics environment
• Sound knowledge of FMCG key customers & their supply chain operations & methodology including automation systems and processes
• Extensive experience of managing 3rd party logistics providers, up to & including Director level
• Interpersonal & influencing skills at all levels, both internally & externally. Ability to identify key stakeholders & manage expectations.
• Challenging & striving to achieve continuous improvement across the Supply Chain.
• Strong Team Player with the ability to forge relationships
• Experience in Project Management
• Warehouse Management Systems Knowledge.(S.A.P/Cerps advantageous)
• Negotiation Skills
• Sound understanding of the requirements of external bodies, e.g. MHRA, & internal control standards on E.H.& S.,G.M.P. & Auditing.
• Self – motivated with the ability to prioritise
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Current and Future Sales targets growths for both CHGBI must be met, a key enabler to achieve this is ensuring that the CHGBI Supply Chain meets its agreed customer service targets, whilst at the same time meeting agreed operational financial targets. The jobholder must manage the day to day operations at the CHGBI. National Distribution Centre , Regional Distribution Centre , R.O.I , N.I & the Transport collections functions at key production facilities against the required service standards & within agreed total budgets of £48M,to achieve the Business goals.
• That all key customer service K.P.I.s are met or exceeded for the factory transport collections, Day to Day operational management of 3PL’s with GB&I
• Ensure that the operating targets are met for each of the budget areas.
• Actively contribute to generating operating savings C.I
• Scope – Supporting forecast sales of £779NNN in 2012
- cases to be delivered to customers = 87 Million
- Average weekly stockholding – 65,000 pallets
- Average 2500 orders delivered every week
- Delivering a high standard of service on customer deliveries is paramount in ensuring that sales targets are met & relationships with customers are maintained at a high level
- The CHGBI Network is highly volatile in terms of day to day volumes,liaising closely with Logistiics providers, Customer Serivces team (CST/FAST) , Collaboration planners & salesforce personnel is key in meeting targets on delivery performance thus delivering the sales required by CHGBI
- Visits to key customers to identify & react to future trends is a key element of the job.
- The production schedules at the key production facilities operate to stringent timelines,the jobholder has to ensure that the finished goods must flow from the end of the production lines to the required onward destination immediately to avoid congestion impacting on line production efficiency.
- An integral part of the role is in supporting Supply Chain strategy development, & thereafter managing specific projects against agreed timelines & financial targets.
As well as Departmental colleagues the job holder will be in contact with the following business areas on a day to day basis:
• Third Party Logistics providers
• Supply and Demand Forecasting Depts
• Customer Services Depts
• Human Resources
• Quality control
• Third party contract packing
• Project Management
Factory production schedules can be influenced by line breakdowns, additional volume required, extra shifts needed, sometimes at short notice, additional weekend working etc, the jobholder must ensure that the right level of transport resource is sourced to meet the changing production plans.
Logistics operations are 24/7, but can show volatility of +/- 30 % day on day, again the jobholder must liaise within very short timelines to ensure that the network has correct staffing, equipment & transport levels to achieve optimum customer service.
Closing date for applications: 9th May 2012.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the Apply button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.