Customer Services Analyst
Job Reference: 75399
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 25/04/2012
||Brentford, Southeast England
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Customer Services Analyst to work at their site in Brentford.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to contribute fully to cross functional teams
• Attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• SAP/CERPs experience would be advantageous
• Highly numerate and good knowledge of supply chain software systems and processes
• Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft office applications in particular excel.
• Good understanding of business environment and ability to debate issues with peers and senior colleagues
JOB PURPOSE/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure customer orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner
• Deal with all customer queries and forge a positive ongoing relationship with counterparts
• Support a step change in collaboration between GSK & our customers supply chain
• Enable trading team to focus on leading the commercial agenda through providing excellent customer service.
• Deliver greater visibility & control over CHGBI demand/stock issues
• Work with EPOS data to analyse base run rates & promotional performance vs forecast.
• Improve service level to key customers
• Unlock supply chain efficiency e.g Minimum order quantities, layer/pallet ordering,
• Manage supply chain initiatives efficiently e.g shipper ordering, Tesco trays etc
• Attend customer conferences, supply chain review meetings and working groups.
• Responsible for driving growth with external customers by providing excellent customer service and collaborative analysis.
• Forge excellent relationships with the customers supply chain groups
• Process customer orders in a timely and efficient manner
• Build an ongoing profile of customer stock holding
• Liaise with customer on promotional & activity forecasting
• Monitor & provide explanation to account re:Service levels, Shortages
• Monitor and investigate all order failures and put plans in place to improve
• Attend customer work groups and conferences with sales team.
• To ensure the integrity of all data that ensures a “perfect order” for our customers through working closely with customers’ operational teams, internal contacts and third party distributor.
• To analyse customer’s sales and stock data, using appropriate data and systems, with the aim of optimising product availability across a customer’s network. To use this knowledge to prompt changes to customer order volumes or profiles and to ensure best allocation of stock in the event of restricted supply
• Where available use Customer EPOS systems to report on - Stockholding, Availability / Service Levels – total, depot & stores
• Analyse promotional sales
• Receive, analyse and process orders from customers to ensure that these orders :
(a) are consistent with anticipated demand (order size and timing)
(b) are consistent with customer agreements (e.g. joint business plans)
(c) support optimum stock holding within the customers depot network
(d) reflect agreements with customers’ in respect of listing dates (e.g. NPD)
• To work with internal and external customers during periods of restricted supply, to ensure the effective allocation of stock to customer depots with the aim of minimising the impact on sales
• Monitor, review and challenge distribution failures to improve service to customers,
• Take part in supply chain initiatives to ensure successful introduction of these initiatives to the trade e.g barcodes on shippers etc
• To work closely with the Sales Ledger Management Team in the prompt resolution of customer invoice queries with the aim of minimising the level of aged debt.
• To measure and report weekly service level performance for nominated customers, identifying key issues and trends and working as part of wider business teams to continuously improve service performance and maximise on-shelf availability.
• To report service performance to GSK supply chain management and wider GSK network on a timely basis
Closing date for applications: 9th May 2012.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the Apply button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.