Category Supply Planner
Job Reference: Category Supply Planner
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 25/04/2012
||Dependent on experience
Overall purpose of the role:
The Category Supply Planner is accountable for the end to end management of total category stock & inventory for a dedicated product area. They are responsible for controlling intake of stock from suppliers and store stock replenishment in line with agreed availability, intake and stock level targets.
• Plan and manage supplier purchase orders for intake, considering current stock base, lead time, demand forecasts, promotional activity, supplier reliability and stock holding strategy.
• Manage category orderbooks in line with open to buy /stock holding targets
• Collaborate & build strong relationships with Commercial colleagues to ensure Comet’s objectives are achieved, in line with availability and stock targets.
• Effectively plan and manage stock for promotional activities, factory shutdowns, seasonal stock builds, direct importing, range changes and extra-ordinary purchases.
• Control the intake of stock from Suppliers in line with weekly open to buy / stock targets and distribution capabilities (prioritising company stock requirements).
• Take accountability for product availability and stock levels and be able to demonstrate a clear awareness of the stock and supplier base, resolving any issues & escalating as appropriate
• Regularly meet suppliers to maximise stock availability to Comet through strong relationships
• Control replenishment parameters to optimise store stock holding and maximise availability to the customer.
• Use knowledge & skills to interpret sales trends & stocking strategies to make the right decisions
• Liaise with Distribution colleagues to resolve logistics issues and proactively improve supply chain processes.
• Proactive management & prioritisation of own workload and team priorities providing clear direction to the Supply Co-ordinators.
• Must be able to adapt swiftly to changing circumstances & environments, making prompt decisions in a dynamic market.
• Participate in projects to develop and enhance Comet Supply Chain processes and initiatives.
Skills/Attributes required for the role:
• Must have minimum of 3 years relevant experience gained within a similar stock management & planning environment.
• Must be of graduate calibre with excellent attention to detail, accuracy & self organisation.
• Must be highly numerate, analytical and computer literate.
• Demonstrate ability to plan ahead drawing on previous experience & performance
• Must be assertive, confident & able to challenge / identify opportunities.
• Demonstrate initiative by working pro-actively, identifying opportunities for improvement and problem solving.
• Must have the ability to work to tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, both written & verbal.
• Demonstrate resilience & determination to succeed
• Must be able to work well within a team environment, helping direct & prioritise workload for others.
What decisions does the role holder make?
• All round stock & inventory management, including decisions around line level intake, stocking strategies, sales interpretation – all to support the business KPI’s & sales targets
What is the typical planning time frame for the role?
• Variable depending on the issue which occurs, examples include:
o Set stock budgets (12 months)
o Supplier intake plans (3-6 months)
o Promotional planning (3-6 weeks)
o Weekly supplier ordering (1-16 week lead times)
Are you interested?
If you are interested in this role please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an internal candidate please consult your line manager first and forward your CV to Bhumika Zhaveri.