Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Leader
Job Reference: 193171
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 18/04/2012
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have a focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Environmental and Combustion Controls (ECC) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). ECC provides integrated product solutions in heating and heating processes, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration, air purification, zoning, humidification, air conditioning, water controls and processes. Electrical Devices and Systems (ED&S) provides electrical devices and systems, lighting controls, switches, sensors and controllers. Our technologies are found in more than 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and a multitude of manufacturing plants around the world. Customers include original equipment manufacturers, commercial, homeowners, contractors, retail, trade building managers, consulting engineers and distributors.
ED&S currently has an excellent opportunity for an Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Leader to join our team to provide ISC leadership to the ED&S business within the UK/Ireland Region. This is a key leadership role with responsibility for multiple manufacturing sites, customer services and supply chain planning. The incumbent will be responsible for driving and continually improving operational activities in all sites to meet delivery, production goals, safety objectives, quality and cost objectives. This position reports to the ED&S Global Integrated Supply Chain Director with a matrix line to the Regional Business Director.
- Lead and develop the Integrated Supply Chain team within the region.
- Represent the ISC function on the UK/Ireland Exec and Global Systems Line of Business teams.
- Provide strategic direction for ISC and assist in the development of business strategy and planning.
- Develop and execute strategies for increased customer satisfaction, safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, working capital management, and effectively introduce new products/processes for growth.
- Drive the team to achieve/surpass financial commitments and review/approve resource requirements.
- Ensure that financial productivity and plant/product transition projects are successfully executed.
- Assists in the development and oversees the operational and capital budget.
- Successfully interact with the functional and lines of business teams, working with multiple internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Drive culture change, accountability and continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization.
- Develop and execute the Annual Operating Plan and work plans. Direct responsibility for departmental spend and managing budget.
- Provide customer interface and support as required; using customer feedback to improve quality and delivery while driving process and yield improvement.
- Establish and implement standard manufacturing and materials practices by implementing and executing the Honeywell Operating System, HOS. Lead the organization through the HOS deployment process and maintain performance levels stated by HOS maturity scorecard; including visual management and the tiered meetings. Develop and maintain an effective site leadership team. Model the HOS leadership expectations including use of, and adherence to, leadership standardized work. This requires spending time walking the factory floor and auditing aspects of the operating system.
- Manage inventories to achieve working capital goals.
- Integrate key elements of Supply Chain to improve cycle time.
- Lead capacity/schedules reviews to achieve On Time Delivery, growth and productivity goals.
- Ensure process and yield improvement is embedded into the operational culture and actions.
- Improve and develop organizational capabilities through effective succession planning, employee development, performance management and planning/utilization of staff and capital resources.
- Oversee and promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established, met, and that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal considerations.
- Champion programs to improve employee satisfaction and communications to support operational and strategic goals.
• Strong leadership experience and skills with a track record of driving high performance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to influence at all levels.
• Related experience, ideally including experience in manufacturing leadership roles.
• Previous manufacturing, production, sourcing and distribution experience utilizing lean manufacturing tools and concepts.
• Experience in engineered/made to order or configured to order production environment a plus.
• Strong experience/knowledge of the Honeywell Operating System, similar operating system, or lean manufacturing excellence.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Sound knowledge of fabrication, castings, machining operations as well as electro-mechanical and electronic assembly manufacturing.
• Strong background in low volume/high mix made to order operations and quality.
• Ability to develop, execute and achieve tactical and strategic initiatives through active leadership that positively impact business plans, operating profits, practices, policies and procedures.
• Track record of effectively develop, coach, empower, inspire and motivating others.
• Lean techniques as well as integrated supply chain principles.
• Previous facility or product line transition experience.
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.